Expertise, support and ways to learn, at your desk, all the time, any time
Five ways to get the best from this site.
1.The links on the left take you to the basic topics that you need. On each topic you'll see the main idea, why it matters, and activities to develop your skills in it. You'll learn, and your confidence will grow. Keep putting things into practice and see what happens.
2. Subscribe to our free monthly newsletter.
3. If you don't see what you want, send in a question, using the question form: we answer within two days.
4. Read the answers to others' questions in Answers to questions.
5. Looking for even more? Become a member, for more information and advice, and with real-life scenarios to think about.
* There are special tips for your first four months, ideas for your learning plan, an index of topics (from 'appraisals' to 'transition') on the "just in time" page and much more.
* You can ask a question every month and have an individual answer.
* You can request new topics to be covered.
We are developing a forum for sharing ideas and experience.
* You can have 15 minutes free coaching sessions from October 2009.
I'd love you to join!
You'll see more about me and what I do in About Joanna Howard.
Learn from life .
It's often easier to learn by looking at actual incidents , so I'm developing cartoon scenarios of the kind of things that have worried new managers. You think about the options for the manager in the incident, then see what "Supermentor" suggests. Here's an example....
Click the picture for more.
Possible answers on the members' pages.
Become a member
As a member, you can:
* consult the comprehensive topic pages in the "Just in Time" section
* get management advice confidentially once a month (answer within 2 days).
* join the forum to get advice and support from other new managers and from experts.
* book 15 minutes free telephone coaching on certain afternoons 4.00 - 8.00 GMT. (dates to be announced in the newsletter)
* have priority access to reasonably priced telephone or email coaching.
Interested? then become a member. (Have I said this before?) Membership costs £10.00 per month (or dollar equivalent)
Already a member? Login here.
|© 2007-08 Joanna Howard - Disclaimer - Site by Agent8 Design|